Monday, April 6, 2015

Surprise sweater for a doggie

I love the way knitting challenges me as a knitter to develop skills as well as the confidence when I create a pattern to suit my personality. Tobbe's sweater design surprised me with an unexpected “mistake” or “error”, and this time it will have led me for a better outcome. I updated the pattern yesterday! The piece is constructed in two separated pieces.

Back


 Front

 
The front piece needed to to be switched or flipped. It was constructed in the opposite way, and had to be changed in order to match up the back piece with the rows from chest, and neck. Photos below show the correct way to shape them.

Seams





After making the written corrections in pattern, it first came to my mind my friend's dog will fit in this sweater! and started to knit it based on the new corrected pattern, which you can find it here


Worked perfectly after finishing it! I preferred to let the leg openings without a ribbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers