Thursday, June 2, 2016

Inge's Slippers

Hi, here I am again. Thought these slippers could help my mother-in-law to get warm during the chilly evening days as well to get some comfort to her feet. The inspirational idea started when I found last month some videos of knitting Tiny Owl Knits, and caused me curiosity all the interesting pieces the designer makes. One of them are gorgeous like the Alice March Slippers! very fast project to make. So here is my version.

Made in bulky yarn. From toe up method, I used an invisible increase technique for toes, and a German short heel rows for heels. It worked out smoothly and invisible without holes. I stitched soles of sheep skin leather from an old jacket I got in a state sale. The bows are from an unfinished knitted piece of mohair yarn, and contrasted ribbons that I had in my stash. After all, I think they are special, and are great for gift!

She really loves them, and think even to sleep with them on!

Thank you for your time,

Blanca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers